News Flash

Bonner Springs News

Posted on: July 20, 2020

Planning Commission Vacancy

Need You Planning Commission

The City of Bonner Springs is seeking applicants to fill an unexpired term on the Planning Commission ending August 2021.

The Planning Commission is a volunteer citizen advisory body and makes recommendations to City Council on land use issues, including the City’s Comprehensive Plan, special use permits, subdivisions, planned developments, and zoning and development regulations. The commission membership reflects a broad range of neighborhoods, professional and community experience and perspectives, and seeks to be representative of the cultural diversity of the community.

The City is seeking candidates with interest and/or experience in land use, community planning, commercial or housing development, and who are active in business, neighborhood or community affairs. In order to be eligible to serve on the Planning Commission, applicants must be registered voters and a Bonner Springs resident or live in the unincorporated Loring Service Area.

The Planning Commission meets once per month, typically on the third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. with study sessions regularly occurring immediately prior to scheduled meetings. Commissioners prepare for meetings by reviewing a variety of staff reports, maps and technical information, and by making site visits. Applicants may apply online at To receive a paper application or to get additional information, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 200 E. Third Street, Bonner Springs, Kansas, 66012, by phone at (913) 422-1020, or by email at

For more information about the City’s Planning Commission, including links to meeting agendas and minutes, please visit or contact the City Planner Rachel Clyne at 200 E. Third Street, Bonner Springs, Kansas, 66012, by phone at (913) 422-1020, or by email at

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Bonner Springs News