Instructions for Completing Applications
Effective immediately, the Bonner Springs Housing Authority is now accepting applications for our one bedroom waiting list.
The waiting lists for 4 bedroom units are closed. BSHA is currently accepting applications for Studios, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units. All future changes to the waiting list will be posted on our Facebook page, at our office (420 N Park Ave, Bonner Springs, KS 66012), on this website and in the newspaper.
All applications must be complete; leave no blank spaces. If a question is not applicable write N/A. All supplemental documentation must be attached to the application. The Bonner Springs Housing Authority (BSHA) will only process complete applications. Double check that the application is complete, signed, and dated.
Applicants are responsible for maintaining current contact information with the BSHA while on the waiting list. If BSHA staff can not contact an applicant or if mail is returned, they are removed from the waiting list.
Pets in Public Housing
- Families are limited to one dog or one cat as a pet
- Pets are subject to size and weight limits and other regulations
- Pets must also be licensed, spay/neutered and current on all shots
- Pets must be approved by the BSHA and a pet deposit must be paid before the pet is brought onto the property
- Tenants are allowed to have birds and fish in public housing units without paying a pet deposit
Pets Not Allowed in Public Housing
- Dangerous or venomous reptiles
- Dogs and cats not meeting size and weight requirements
- Non-domestic animals
- Vicious animals
Once completed, the application may be mailed or returned in person to the Housing Authority at:
Bonner Springs Housing Authority
420 N. Park Ave.
Bonner Springs, KS 66012
All housing assistance is on a waiting-list based system. No emergency assistance is available.