Occupational Licenses

Any person, firm or corporation doing business or providing a service in Bonner Springs must obtain an occupational license. Licenses are issued for the calendar year January 1 through December 31. Occupational license renewals are due by March 31 each year.

Fees are listed below.  Fees may be paid in person using cash, check, credit/debit card or money order. Fees mailed to City Hall may be paid by check or money order. Do not mail cash.

License applications and fees can be mailed to:
City of Bonner Springs
Attn: City Clerk
200 E. Third St.
P.O. Box 38
Bonner Springs, KS 66012

Home Occupation Regulations:
All materials or equipment shall be stored within an enclosed structure
No alteration of the exterior of the residential building shall be made which changes its character as a residence
No equipment shall be utilized that creates a nuisance due to noise or electrical interference.
Shall be operated by the person(s) occupying the residence and may engage one employee for less than 40 hours per week.
Shall be incidental to the principal use of the premises and not more than 25% of the floor area of any one floor shall be utilized.

Type of Business
Annual Fee
4/1 - 6/30
7/1 - 9/30
10/1 - 12/31
Businesses based outside of Bonner Springs $90 $72.50 $55 $37.50
Businesses based in Bonner Springs
Home occupations in Bonner Springs
Renaissance Festival vendors/crafters $60 N/A N/A N/A