Military Tribute Banner Program
The purpose of the Military Tribute Banner Program is to recognize those currently serving or who have served in the United States Armed Forces to pay tribute to our veterans and active duty military.
There are a limited number of poles in downtown Bonner Springs. We are offering this program on a first-come, first-served basis with first priority given to Bonner Springs residents and businesses, and second priority to Bonner Springs-Edwardsville School District residents. At the City’s discretion, pole banners may be relocated to other areas of Bonner Springs.
Honorees must meet the following requirements:
- Supply verification of Military Status
- Be a current Bonner Springs resident, Bonner Springs-Edwardsville school district resident or alumni, or business, or an immediate family member of a Bonner Springs
resident or school alumni.
- Banners measure 18-by-36 inches, and feature a full-color, double-sided design with the sponsor name, service member’s name, military branch, and photo on one side of the banner.
- Banner information, including military branch and spelling of service member’s name and sponsor name, will be taken directly from the application.
- Due to space limitations, some information submitted may not be printed on the banner.
- One season constitutes banner display for a minimum of one week around each of the following holidays:
- Memorial Day—last Monday in May
- Independence Day—July 4
- Veterans’ Day—November 11
- Banners will be installed on Oak Street and Front Street.
- Requests for specific locations or poles will not be accepted.
- The number of seasons the banner will be displayed will depend on the option purchased.
Once produced and installed, banners shall remain the property of the City until removed and given back to the banner sponsor. The City shall not be responsible for banners that may be damaged or lost due to extreme weather elements, vandalism, or other unforeseen events.
At the end of the display period, staff will contact the sponsor to arrange for pick up from the City within 30 days of banner removal. Any banners unclaimed after this time will become the property of the City and/or be disposed of and the pole availability will be released.
Replacement banners are available at a reduced price of $100 as long as the replacement takes placed within the purchased banner package period. This applies to banners replaced for damage and/or change in military status such as Active, Veteran, Memorial.
Banner packages include design, printing, installation, and
removal of banner. A portion of the proceeds will support the Bonner Springs Public Works Department for sustainability of the program.
Available banner packages:
- One Season—$150
- Two Seasons—$250
- Renewal—$150: Banner will be installed for an additional two seasons. Package includes one banner disposal and replacement if banner becomes tattered or faded over time. Banners lost or damaged due to weather, vandalism, or other unforseen events will not be replaced.
- Additional Banners—$100: Must purchase a seasonal or renewal package to order additional banners. These banners will not be installed and will be given directly to the sponsor.