Bonner Springs, KS


What incentives does the City of Bonner Springs offer to potential businesses and developers?

The City Council may consider on a case-by-case basis any of the following incentives to attract industrial, commercial, retail, office, and residential development: Community Improvement District Financing, Industrial Revenue Bond Financing, Neighborhood Revitalization Property Tax Rebate Plans, Retail Attraction and Retention Incentive Program, Special Benefit District Financing, Tax Increment Financing, and Transportation Development District Financing. For more information, call City Hall at (913) 422-1020.

What licenses and permits do I need in order to move a business into an existing building?

The licenses and permits you will need include an occupational license; sign permit; building permit if construction, plumbing, electrical, gas, or HVAC improvements are made; alcohol license if selling cereal malt beverages or liquor; and wastewater discharge permit for restaurants and eateries. For more information, call (913) 667-1710.

I am interested in starting a business and need assistance with a business plan, marketing, financial projections, and product costs analysis and pricing. Where can I get help with these items?

The Kansas Small Business Development Center at Johnson County Community College provides free, confidential, one-on-one consulting designed to find practical solutions to business problems. They provide education and guidance in these area plus many more. For more information, call (913) 469-3878.